Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year To All In 2013

Another year has begun. In with the new, out with the old. I started this blog for a personal reason, but today the reason is different. It is not personal anymore, but about being of service to others. Last year is out the door and today I am given a new opportunity. I look forward to how I can help others, deal with challenging situations, inform the general public about the effects of staking, bullying and the rise of violence against women around the world. My own personal experience has led me here and it would be selfish, not to use my tools, skills and knowledge, I have gained.

My path has led me to this place. It is not what I would have chosen. I have a degree in physical education. Been in sports my whole life. Never in my wildest dreams, did I think I would want to be involved in politics and now advocating for various causes. But personal experiences, brought me here. Once you have gotten out of the why (the personal) and into the how (can I be of service to others) you drop the personal and focus on being of service to others.

Yes I would like to be playing golf, or snowboarding at Squaw Valley my favorite ski hill and I still will do those things. But this is National Stalking Awareness Month and I have information that can help others. So it is imperative, that I don't let this month pass, without making a difference. I am not just passionate about stalking, but bullying, women's rights issues, legalizing marijuana in California and the United States for that matter. So it is time I get to work and do what I can in this month. It is not personal anymore.

We're all our brothers and sisters keepers. If we do a crappy job, we will live in a crappy society. Our world is getting more complex and complicated daily. If you do not share your tools that could save a life, give hope to the desperate, and a hug to the lonely, who will? My wish for this year is to stand up for those, who don't have a voice, be of service when I can, and leave a legacy of loving, sharing and caring. Best to all in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment